DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK
While admitted, many people will enter your room. From doctors and nurses to interns and housekeepers.
To ensure your safety, don’t be afraid to ask.
Be sure to speak up if the hospital staff does not validate your identification.
Normally, If your doctors requires further tests and diagnostic procedures, you are informed.
However, if you still have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask like
– What is it for?
– When is it scheduled?
– What preparations are required for the procedure?
– What to expect after the procedure?
While the hospital is kept sanitary and clean at all times, there is always the possibility of acquiring infection.
The single most important act should always do is to wash your hands and sanitise.
Wash your hands after:
– Touching objects or surfaces in the hospital room.
– Before eating
– After using the restroom
PREVENTING MEDICATION ERRORS
You have an important role in your medication. Be an active participant in your own care to ensure that your medical team avoid medication errors.
Inform your doctors what medications you have been taking, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medication,
herbal and vitamin supplements, and natural remedies.
Be sure to let your doctor know of any allergies you may have to medication, anaesthesia, food, latex products, etc…
Confirm or re-confirm your name with the nurse before the intake of any medicine.
When medication is brought into your room, request to check the name of the patient and show your wrist tag for double
Patients may fall because they are weak and unsteady due to illness or a medical procedure. It is also possible that they are on medication which makes them dizzy. Or they have been sitting or lying down for long periods.
To prevent falling accidents, please:
– Always call for assistance before getting out of bed.
– Keep the call button within easy reach
– Have necessary items within reach such as glasses, mobile phones, books or reading materials, etc…
– It is also recommended that patients do not immediately stand after lying down for a long time. It is better to slowly
change position to sitting and relax for a few minutes before standing up.
Always remember, your health and safety is important to us.